Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Living Room

On one of my favorite blogs EVER, Kelly's Korner, is hosting...

This week she is profiling Living Rooms. So here is ours. Enjoy~

Here are a couple of views of the fireplace, etc. The picture above the mantle is of my mother, Cita, when she was 4 or 5. I love it. Please excuse the television, cable box, etc. We have not found the right place for it yet or the right furniture to put it in.



Here is a cute table we got in Salado at a great bookstore called Fletchers Books and Antiques.

This is the wall opposite the fireplace. This Welsh dresser is wonderful. There are three china patterns on the shelves: Botan, Yellow Bird and Green Rooster.






Here is the seating area.








On a side note. The lamp was originally a piece of pottery purchased in Italy and later made into a lamp. The shade is store-bought and embellished with fringe and gimp!! A shade without fringe or gimp is NAKED.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my word...I LOVE your china collection! I don't have a set of china (just some correlle from walmart) but I have a dream of one day collecting individual pieces of funky china!

Dawn said...

Thanks so much! I love dishes. It borders on obsession.

Kelly said...

I love your china collection too! The painting of your mother is priceless.

Dawn said...

Thanks Kelly! The picture of my mother IS priceless. I would love to have one done of my daughter but it seems to be a thing of the past.

Sherri said...

Oh my Goodness! How pretty everything is. LOVE the Welsh Dresser and all the china - I have a small obsession with plate collecting too. I also share your opinion of Naked lamp shades:)
Thanks for sharing! Come on over fo a visit!

Dawn said...

Sherri, Thank you. I also checked out your blog. That Precious Moments collection is impressive!

Lynn said...

The picture of your mom is absolutely beautiful! It's a treasure to behold! Your china collection is gorgeous--thank you for sharing!