When Kate was about 2 - 2 1/2 Cita bought her the cutest Three Little Pigs story, house and figurines. Check it out. The design is ingenius. The roof flips up and the story is underneath. The three pigs and the big bad wolf peek out of the windows at you. And the whole things comes apart so you can play with it.
Anyway, I would read the story to her and act out the parts with the figures. We would have the best time! At the end of the story I would ad-lib a little and yell at the Big Bad Wolf (or Big Baa Wuu, as Kate called him) and tell him to "go away!" Kate HATED the Big Baa Wuu. Then I would put him back in the house and close it for the night. We did this every night.
Then one day I got an idea. An evil idea. I took out BBW while Kate was napping and put him on the pass-through shelf in between the kitchen and dining room. When Kate got up from her nap we sat down to lunch. While we were eating I looked up at the shelf and pointed and said, "OH MY GOODNESS! It is the Big Bad Wolf! Bad WOLF! How did you get out! You get back in your house right now!" I put him back up. It freaked Kate OUT! It was hilarious.
From then on BBW would "pop" up all over the place! Then I got an idea! Maybe I should use him as a negative reinforcement. This was back when cassettes were being phased out. I still had a ton. I kept them in a cabinet and Kate would sneak into it and dump all the cassettes out and get them all mixed up. I would tell her "no" over and over again but she would keep on doing it!!! This was a job for BBW!
Sooooooo, I snuck him in the cabinet and waited for Kate to "discover" him! I waited for days for her to discover him and she never went to the cabinet. I eventually forgot about him. Then it happened. I was in my bathroom fixing my hair and Kate's runs in horrified and she is screaming, "Big Baa Wuu, Big Baa WUU, Big BAA WUU!!!!!!" I felt so bad for her! She never opened the cabinet again. And that was the end of the Big Baa Wuu.
Here he is. He was really kind of sinister!
****Note: When I was getting out the Three Pigs house/story tonight, Kate was sitting on the couch watching T.V. I walked by with it in my hand and Kate looked up and said, "Uh-oh!" I thought to myself, "This might come in handy later when she is older." You know put him on her window sill! Just in case of those late at night escapes!





No comments:
Post a Comment