Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How nice....

In our neighborhood we have a new kind of stealing going on. The bandits drive up and down the alley and look for cars parked in the driveways with pricey wheels/rims. They take all four wheels/rims and leave the car on little landscape pavers. They hit 3 houses in the alley between our street and the one behind us.

So I was telling Cita about this craziness and it goes something like this....

"Cita, remember that truck we saw the other day in the alley that was set on pavers?"
"Yes."
"Well, I got an email from the HOA that there was a report of 3 vehicles in our alley that were robbed of their wheels and rims. Can you believe that? I can't imagine how fast they must work to jack up the car, take off the wheels and lower the car on pavers! These guys are crazy! It is hard to believe that no one heard them."
Cita replies, "How nice!" Okay, please understand she is not being sarcastic. She is being serious.
I exclaim, "Nice!? What do you mean nice?"
"Well, they could have just taken the wheels and left the cars on the ground. Can you imagine that?"
As in the past, I have no reply.

No comments: