After shopping until we dropped we headed on to S.A. We arrived safe and sound and then it RAINED. We were not sad about this. It was wonderful to smell the rain and I swear I could hear the ground say "AAAHHHH". We took naps and relaxed. We ended the night by watching Twilight and eating Bill Miller's BBQ. Perfection.
NJ's birthday is in September so I went ahead and gave her birthday present to her. I made her one of my buckets in the matching wallpaper in her bathroom. Didn't it turn out cute?!

Sunday Ben and sweet CeCe came over and we went out for lunch at Fidelo's. I had the chilaquiles. They are an egg dish and they are YUMMO. If you have never tried them you have got to! We headed back to Nancy Jo's. Ben and CeCe left to run errands and I made Praline Apple Bread. I got the recipe out of the September issue of Southern Living. It was absolutely scrumptious. Try it! 

Ben and CeCe came back and it was time for fun in the sun. The rain on Saturday had cooled off the pool and the water was almost chilly. We enjoyed the water, music and each other's company. After swimming we played a game of Onze. Ben won. Ben and CeCe had to take off for another shindig and NJ, James, Kate and I settled in for a nice relaxing evening.
Today we woke up and went to see Ben and CeCe's house. It was so cute. I could move in and not change a thing. On a side note: CeCe is so bright and genuine. I am so glad she is a part of our family. She fits in like she has always been with us. After touring their pad we headed over to Calico Corners for a fringe frenzy but they were closed. WHAT?! Closed for Labor Day! Well, Calico Corners you just lost out BIG!
We headed to Fiesta on Main for some shopping. So much to look at in this store. And always things to buy. After buying some fun stuff we headed over to the Cove for lunch. What a joint it is!!! They serve SOL food--sustainable, organic, local. I had the Texas Burger with homemade fries. It was fantastic. The perfect way to end our trip.
After our lunch we loaded up the car and headed back to Big D. There is something about San Antonio that you can never shake off. It lessens the longer you are away but it ignites again once you hit the city limits. It effects all the senses-it is a smell, a taste, a sight, a sound and a feeling. I had a great visit but found myself not wanted to leave. The older I get the more I see how important family is and how I don't want to miss family moments.





No comments:
Post a Comment