Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mr. Man is BACK!

What a difference a couple of days and a lot of antiobiotics, etc. make! Brice is back to normal! Did you hear that big sigh of relief? What a roller coaster the past 7 days have been! Let me unpack it for you....
  • Sunday I went to the ER with chest pains. Found out I am suffering from esophogeal spasms.
  • Monday was a holiday!!! Good day. Went to see The Princess and the Frog with Kate and some friends.
  • Tuesday back to work and first day of class at UNT. Spent waaaayyy too much money on books. Joined WW again.
  • Wednesday regular work day. Got home to Brice not himself which got worse until about 8 pm when Kate noticed his breathing was not normal. Loaded up the family and went to the ER. $200 for chest x-rays and a diagnosis of pneumonia. Had to leave him and $600 plus dollars for the night. It was so hard to leave him!
  • Thursday I picked up Brice from the ER and took him to our vet. He stayed all day and made some progress. I was able to pick him up and bring him home! They left the cath in his little arm in case we had to rush him back to the ER. He seemed better but not back to normal. Didn't make it to UNT for class so I could be with Brice.
  • Friday was a normal day until Cita called and said Brice seemed lethargic again. Called the vet and got another prescription. Picked up the prescription after work and rented a nebulizer to give Brice saline treatments twice a day!
  • Saturday took Brice to get his cath removed. He is much better! Relaxed a bit then headed to Northlake College for a mandatory orientation for my health class. On the way over I opened my calendar to check the room number and noticed the time was 11 AM NOT 1 PM. I MISSED the orientation. I left message and email with my instructor to PLEASE let me stay in class. No word yet. Spent time with friends at a potluck. Good times!
  • Today was church and the regular Sunday stuff. Laundry in the washer, pot roast for dinner and a good movie with Kate.

Tomorrow I go to my doctor for a follow-up appointment from my ER visit. More will be revealed I am sure!

No comments: