
I took Cita to Albertson's for some groceries. She wants to make a new pie recipe. She needed a set of pie crust shields. Here's how it went down.
"I need pie crust shields."
"Mom, this is Albertson's. I don't think are going to carry those here."
We take a look on the bakeware aisle. No luck. I am thinking to myself, whew, no conflict! That was easy. No such luck.
When we get the self-check out lane she heads up to the customer service gal and says, "Do you have pie crust shields?"
The gal says, "Yes, they are on the endcap of aisle 19."
"No, those aren't pie shields; those are pie shells."
"Well, if we have them that is where they are."
"Okay, can you have someone show me where they are."
"You want me to have someone show you where they are?"
"Yes."
The customer service gal turns around and pages the manager. Her phone rings. She goes to the phone and says to someone on the other end of the line, "She wants someone to show her where the pie crust shields are." pause "I don't know why. She just said to get someone to show her where they were." She hangs up. A few seconds later the manager walks up and takes mom away to show her where the pie crust shields are located.
A few minutes later Cita returns with no shields. I know you are surprised! I couldn't help myself I asked, "They didn't have any?"
"He asked me if I wanted refrigerated or frozen and I told him I didn't know how to answer that. I explained to him what they were and he walked me back to the pie shells. I told him to forget it."
You can't make this stuff up!

1 comment:
Love it.
I had no idea what they were. I feel very educated now. :)
Post a Comment