Today was water day at school. It is the end of the school-year party. We have bounce houses, water slides, slip-n-slides, jousting, sno-cones, popcorn, and just plain fun. I got home from school today just beat down. Don't get me wrong it was fun but it was also hard work. Anyway, I get home and sit down. In comes Cita......
"Does that DVD player work?"
"Yes, mom, it does?"
"If I bring you a movie will you put it in?"
"Sure. What movie?" So much for a little mindless TV by myself.
"Revolutionary Road."
"Great. Go get it and I will put in on for you."
Cita leaves and comes back with the DVD. I turn on the DVD and put the movie. As we are waiting Cita quips, "I'll have my popcorn and a Snickers now."
I am too tired to even roll my eyes. I can't respond. I say nothing. We wait and wait for the DVD to play. Nothing. Finally, I say, "Mom, where did you get this DVD?"
"Lillian sent it to me."
"Mom, is it bootlegged?"
Indignantly, "Yes, but what does that have to do with it!"
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment