Today was awesome. We got up and had a good breakfast and visited. We took a trip to Target so Ginna could get uniforms for Emma and underwear for Pierce. I love Target. I love Targets more when they are in other cities. We walked in and Kate said, "This Target is in a mall!" Yep! How cool is that? They even have these shopping cart escalators. Yep, you read it right. You can put your fully loaded cart on its own escalator as you ride next to it on the people escalator. Too cool. Here are Kate and Emma on the way to Target.
We had lunch and all took a nap. Now, you're probably saying, "Not much of a vacation Fish!" Well, it is for me! After all the studying I've been doing I just want to relax. And, remember, this is not my first trip to D.C./Silver Spring. I don't have rush to see everything. Anyway, we took a nap it was GOOD. Afterwards, we loaded up the kids and us and went to the pool.



Amazing! Here is why:
- The water was cool, almost cold! Seriously, it was REFRESHING. Not like the pools in Texas this time of year that feel like a pool of water warmed by the Sun and numerous children with bladder problems!
- The swim club was like something out of Dirty Dancing. All these old school aqua and white loungers and chairs lined up for miles. No trouble finding a seat. They had shuffleboard and ping-pong. So cool.
- The outside temperature was in the high 70s/80s. Heaven. Every time I would break a sweat a breeze would come along and cool me down.
- Lifeguards, and lots of them. I was able to read, relax and chill with Ginna and one of her BFFs, Beth.
We came back and put the little ones to bed and Kate holed up in Ginna's room watching What Not to Wear, while we watched Obsessed. That Beyonce' can whoop some husband-stealing hootchie tail!
Nighty night,
Lone Star Spice (my new nickname)

No comments:
Post a Comment