One of the characteristics of Anorexia Nervosa is "a distorted body image". Really?! I've got it! But in the reverse. An anorexic looks in a mirror and sees herself bigger than she is. Well, not me! I look in the mirror and think, "Fish, you look pretty today." or "This is a nice outfit and it is flattering on me." Then IT happens. I see myself in a reflection of a window or mirror or even worse I see myself in a picture and BOOM reality hits me. I am overweight. I hate that.
So here I am--day one of doing it differently. I am not going to use the "d" word. I am the only parent Kate has left. I owe it to her and me to do something differently. I don't want her living with this curse.
Someone said, "The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment." How true that satement is.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment