
Our first Christmas was here at home. We were lucky enough to even have a white Christmas. It started snowing on Christmas Eve and it was a blizzard. It was wonderful.
One of Kate's Christmas presents was a bedroom makeover! I told her she needed to have a sleepover in Cita's room on Christmas Eve so I could redo her room. She wanted black and white. Her room is already painted yellow. It looks beautiful!
I bought her a new black coverlet and pillow shams. AND I got this pillow at
Bed, Bath and Beyond for $10! I replaced the artwork above her bed with a picture that she did in 3rd grade. I have made a point to pick one piece of her artwork a year and frame it.

This is a view to the left of her bed.

This is a black and white beaded cross my blogger friend
Dina made. She is an amazing beader. I love it!

I made this picture. I bought the frame and mat. I found the black die-cut paper at
Jo Ann's and cut out the "K" myself. I think it turned out nice. Don't you?

I bought this in Canton back in November. I love the idea. You pick out the initials you want. They are all photos of architectural pieces, plants and animals. Very creative. You can choose to have it framed or done like this. You pick the colors, photos, etc. and shop while the gal does it!

Here are the lamps I redid. I spray-painted them black. I bought these AWESOME shades. I covered them in black fabric and added fringe and gimp.

I found this mantle at
Golightly's for $29!!!! It was already painted black. I've placed it directly across from Kate's bed. Eventually, we will put a T.V. on the top shelf.

We found these awesome Italy wall stickers at
Jo Ann's. I put them above her closet doors. So cool.

This is a wall hook made out of recycled metal. Kate got it in Fredericksburg at
Heirlooms over Thanksgiving.
2 comments:
Everything looks so great! I love her new room. I can't believe you found that mantle so cheap too! Does Kate love it?
Thanks Dina! Yes, she loves it! What a find! Happy new year!
Post a Comment