Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pioneer Woman Cooks Recipe #7 (Additional)

Today I made P Dubs Apple Cake in a Skillet. Please note this recipe is not from the cookbook but from her website. Not my favorite. It tasted salty to me. I reread the instructions and I measured everything correctly. Another problem is the big ole puddle of butter/sugar in the bottom of my oven! Eewww! The recipe calls for a 9-10 inch cast iron skillet. I used one and it wasn't big enough. I only used 2 of the 5 apples it called for in the recipe because they wouldn't fit. I did notice her skillet appeared to be deeper than mine. That would accound for the spillage but not the amount of apples used. Sorry, it is a thumbs down for me.
Here it is right out of the oven.
Here it is turned on the platter. Something with so much butter should not stick.
I tried to put it back together.
BTW, Cita is eating it up though, but she eats raw meat!

No comments: