Sunday, January 24, 2010

Doggie Breathing Treatments

I have to do a little shout out to Kate. She has really stepped up to the plate and been a major help to me this week. I posted earlier how when we brought Brice home he still had a catheter. Well, he didn't like that old nasty needle in his arm. Who would!? Imagine my horror when I looked down and he had chewed the first layer of guaze off and revealed the blood filled tubing!!!! Dear goodness! I almost threw up! Well, Kate has no problem with blood, needles, vomit, cuts, etc. She rewrapped his foot in no time.

Then I came home with nebulizer and she helped me do it the first time and then she just decided it was here job! God love her! She fixes the solution, hooks up the machine, gives Brice the treatment and sanitizes it when she is done. I am blessed.
Here is the dog and his nurse. It starts with a little coaxing and some patience and ends in success.

No comments: