Sunday, January 10, 2010

Don't Get Excited

Poor Kate! Cita has been talking and talking about getting a new PC as our desktop is old and slow. We don't need much because we all have laptops and primarily use the desktop as our "mainframe" for wireless and printing. So we have all been doing research and Kate and I are head over heels in love with the new HP Touchsmart. We looked at one yesterday and it is very nice, fast and easy to use. Kate came home all excited to tell Cita how cool it was. Cita went and read the reviews and said no. But then told Kate she would get us (Kate and I) iPhones instead. Well, as you can imagine, Kate is beside herself with excitement. She has wanted an iPhone forever. I immediately knew this was leading to nothing but a big ole' let down for Kate.

I have dealt with Cita's empty deals all of my life. She makes a deal or promise to you then sets all these conditions/stipulations that are required to make the deal happen. Invariably one of the conditions/stipulations is not met and BAM no deal!

Well, I sat Kate down last night and told her as best I could not to get too excited. She said, "Okay, mom." She proceeded to look up plan rates, iPhone costs, and phone skins and went to bed with visions of an iPhones in her dreams.

Well, today as I predicted, Cita walks in and informs us that there is no longer a deal for the iPhones. Why? Because she thought they were only $99 a piece. Really?!?!?!?

Great! Guess who gets to pick up the pieces of Kate's iPhone dream? Me. Thanks Cita!