Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sorry Julia!

So for Christmas Kate got me a copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." I was excited...until I opened the book and started reading it. It was too much for me. Too many things I am really not interested in cooking: tomato aspic, duck, pissaladiere, etc. AND too hard. Anyway, I broke it to Kate that it was over my head and returned it. Yep, I am more of a Helen Corbitt or Ree Drummond kind of gal. Trade in that aspic for a molded jello salad, instead of duck I'll take some venison sausage and keep your pissaladiere slide me a piece of pizza pie! Now, all that being said I did find a GREAT Julia Child book. It is called "Julia's Kitchen Wisdom." It is full of tips and tricks. Good stuff.
But I did keep the Julia and Julie DVD Kate got me! Fabulous movie! Wonderful. Made me laugh and cry. Thanks Kate! You ROCK!

1 comment:

KristenB said...

I'm right there with ya!