Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Staycation 2010 - Day Five

Today is the last day of our staycation! I am so sad to be going home! We have had such a good time. I can't put into words how grateful I am for Licia, Joe, Jake and Gage. They are wonderful and Kate and I adore them and are so blessed to have them in our lives!

We started our last day with a late breakfast/lunch at The Mecca! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What a prize this place is! They are known for their cinnamon rolls and they are good.
I ordered the migas and they were good to the last bite!

We headed to Sam Moon after the Mecca for some purse and jewelry shopping. Kate and I each bought a new purse. From there we headed to the NTX Auto Museum. I have to admit it was pretty cool. Jake loved it and took a lot of pics. It was cool to see him so excited. Then it was time for Free Tuesdays at the DMA. We parked the swaggerwagon and rode the DART Rail downtown and walked over to the DMA. They had two neat exhibits: Mexican 200 Jose Guadalupe Posada and Coastlines: Images of Land and Sea.
It was a great staycation!

No comments: