That is the way it has been around here the last week or so. Last Monday I drove up to Denton to go to class. I pulled into the parking lot and found a spot. I took out my phone to check my messages and when I looked up all this white smoke was billowing out from underneath my hood. I immediately started rationalizing the situation. I told myself it was just the difference in my engine temperature and the cold air! Then I smelled it! I turned the car off and got out. There was a big puddle of coffee colored liquid dripping out of the grill of my care and all over the ground under my car. I called Oscar at Chip's Auto Repair and we dissected the sludge and determined it was radiator fluid. He sent a tow truck. I headed to class until my new best friend, Vic, showed up. Vic called and I met him in the parking lot. He got my car on the truck and drove us both back to Dallas. I am so blessed! Really you say? Yes, my car exploded in a parking lot and not on the highway, I've have a trustworthy mechanic, and I got to ride home safely with the best tow truck driver ever!
Wow, then the blizzard hit. I couln't believe what we woke up to on Tuesday! A solid sheet of ice. And cold, really cold! Then it stayed cold. Here is a picture taken the morning of February 1st.

And here is a picture taken two days later on February 3rd. Not much change at all.
The first day was exciting. Woohoo! A snow day. The second day was fun too. Kate had a friend whose parents were brave enough to bring her over. That was a good thing. But then day three hit and I was getting a little stir crazy. Ice or no ice I had to get out of the house. Kate, Kathryn and I walked up to Chip's to get my car (oh yes, that is another thing to be grateful for-my mechanic is within walking distance from my house). The walk was a little scary but the drive was real scary! That was enough for me. Oh yes, and Cita was in wonderful Los Angeles! She was able to make it back into town before the next round. The news on Thursday night we were scheduled to have a "light dusting". We woke up to between 5-6 inches of snow! Crazy!
It warmed up Saturday and Sunday. Back to school and class on Monday and Tuesday then BAM! Another ice day. Welcome to Texas!
No comments:
Post a Comment