Monday, January 19, 2009

Good-bye Wichita

Well we left Friday for Wichita to move Mom home. Here are a couple of pics of Kate snoozing while I drove. What a life!



We packed and packed but we also took time to go to our favorite places. We shopped at Von Maur, Gordmans and Trios. We ate at Bella Luna which has the best cream of mushroom soup in the whole entire world. We also had breakfast at Egg Cetera. Homemade sausage patties, poached eggs, rosemary potatoes and sourdough toast!!!! Neither one of our favorite playhouses, Mosley Street Melodrama and Cabaret Oldtown, were open for the season yet. So sad. I wish Dallas had good, clean, family theatre like Wichita's.

Wichita is a great little town. Wichita is where we went to rest and relax after Jim's death and funeral. It was safe, away and quiet. It was like a little vacation every time we went. Something else cool is the GEESE. There are tons of them. Loud and big geese. There is a greenbelt across from Mom's apartment complex and you will hear them squawk in and they just hang out and eat and rest. I snuck up on them and got a couple of good shots.

Then, I get back in the car and start driving down the street and guess what I see?! This!

Two men riding horses down the sidewalk. Come on, you've gotta love it. Good-bye WICHITA.

No comments: