Three years ago today I got the call that changed our lives. "Dawn, I think Jim is dead." I couldn't get my head around it. No way--not Jim, not Jim Fisher. But it was true. He had a massive cardiac arrest and went to meet his Maker. My heart broke, no it shattered into a million pieces. Not for me, but for Kate and for Jim. For a future changed forever, for missed memories, father/daughter dances that will not be danced, games that will not be played, cards that will not be sent, and love that is lost. They loved each other like nothing I had seen. I believe love is an action. Jim Fisher loved Kate Fisher. He would have done anything for her. For now Kate is left with wonderful memories of her earthly father but has drawn closer to her heavenly Father. Jim, we love you, miss you and think of you often. You were a good daddy to Kate and we were blessed to have you in our lives.


1 comment:
You made me cry. Kate is blessed to go through this with a mom like you.
Post a Comment