Last Saturday on our way to Ft. Worth we drove through the part of town I grew up in. So here is the conversation...
"Mom, remember when I slammed my finger in the car door over there?"
"No, where?"
"Over there (pointing) at Cochran Chapel Day School."
"No."
I keep driving....a couple of blocks later.
"Hey Mom, remember Shotgun Sam's Pizza? It used to be right there."
"Shotgun Sam's? What is that?"
Frustated I say, "Mom, you know! The place where we had my birthday party when I was little!"
"No, I don't remember that."
Now I am REALLY frustrated. I say, "Where were you when I was growing up? You don't remember anything. Were you even present?"
She replies, "No and I've already apologized for that!"
I am flabbergasted. "What?"
"I was only 22."
You are saying to yourself, "This makes no sense." Of course it doesn't--it is life with Cita.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment