Monday, May 11, 2009

More On Music

As I discussed in another post, I adore music. It effects me like not much else. One of my favorite shows is Live From Abbey Road. Each episode showcases 3 artists recording live at the Abbey Road Studio. AMAZING. I was introduced to the great Ben Harper on Live From Abbey Road. His live version of Better Way brought me to tears. It is full of in your face truth and hope.
I love to journal and write. And I love that he carries a Moleskine to record his life and the things going on around him. He states in the interview leading up to the video that he fills up a Moleskine every two weeks!!!! Here is another quote, "The best way to be inspired daily is to take the best parts of your life and get them on a page." Amen. I keep a gratitude journal and I love to go back and look at happy times, growing times and those special times I can forget in the rush that is my life.

Okay, without further adieu here is the great Ben Harper from Live From Abbey Road.

No comments: