- Awoke at 5:30 AM
- Worked until 3:30 PM
- Picked up Kate and dinner
- Ate dinner
- Left for UNT
- Class from 6-7:50 PM
- Stop by Walgreen's for chocolate chips (they don't have them)
- Go by the bank
- Stop by Braum's for chocolate chips (they don't have them)
- Stop by CVS for chocolate chips (they don't have them)
- Got home at 8:45 PM and made oatmeal raisin cookies because I had no chocolate chips!
Here is the best part. When I got home Kate ran up and gave me a hug. She said, "Mom you have the best smell."
I said, "The best smell?"
"Yes, you smell like sunshine."
"Do you think it is my perfume?"
"Oh no, it is you. You smell like sunshine and it makes me happy."
My heart melted and tears came to my eyes. I understand smells. I've never said it before out loud but I've always thought--ever since she was an infant--that Kate smelled like mashed potatoes. Yes, warm, comforting, buttery, fluffy mashed potatoes. 
My day didn't seem so long and arduous after all!
God, thank you for moments in time where I am able to see you with skin on!


1 comment:
I am crying. I love reading about your life.
Post a Comment