Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh so thankful...

Tonight I am overcome with gratitude and thankfulness. Here are a some reasons.

  1. Kate and I were both sick yesterday. No, I am not thankful for that. We went to CareNow. After we were both seen by the doctor we went to check out and the bill came to just over $400. And, NO, I am not thankful for that. What I am thankful for though is that I had the money to pay for it. I have a job and I have an income. I am blessed.
  2. Speaking of having a job. Not only do I have a job that pays my bills. I have a job I L-O-V-E. I am continually amazed that I get paid for what I do. I get to work carpool in the morning. I get to greet the kids and talk to them. I can tell when they are happy and when they are not. I get to know them. I am invested in them. Last week a sweet little girl jumped out of her mom's car with her brush in her hand and flusterd because she didn't get to fix it before she got out of the car. I offered to brush here hair and and put it up for her. It made my day! Another awesome thing about my job is the faculty I work with. They are like my family. We care about each other. We lift each other up. We share what works and what doesn't. Unselfishly!
  3. I have a family that I love and who loves me. That hasn't always been the case. Believe it or not I haven't always been loveable. Cita refers to it as my "sour period".
  4. I am surrounded by friends who love me. They love me enough to tell me the truth even when it hurts. Friends who have stood in the gap for me through some rough and tough times.
  5. Kate - she is the best kid. She is light, laughter, unconditional love. She is an old and wise soul locked in a 7th grader.
  6. I have a relationship with God. A God who loves me right where I am right now; not for where I will be.

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

Hi Dawn! It was nice to meet you today at Dina's holiday open house.

Dawn said...

Hey Jen! It was a pleasure! So glad to meet all the people I see online in person. Please keep me posted on the swap. What a great idea!