Monday, January 18, 2010

So Fresh, So Clean

Thrifty Decor Chick is hosting So Fresh, So Clean today. Everyone is sharing cleaning and organizing ideas. Honestly, I hate to clean. I think the reason I do is because I am not very efficient and timely in the processes I use. There are a couple of things I love:
  • Goo Gone - gets rid of those pesky sticky labels and SO much more
  • Clorox Disinfecting Wipes - no germs 'nuff said
  • Downy Lavendar Fabric Softener and Sheets - I use both the liquid and sheets. It has a nice clean smell without being too overpowering. It won't fight with my perfume!
  • Mr. Clean with Febreze Multi-surface Cleaner -This stuff smells good and works great. Buy the gallon size and use it all over the place: countertops, floors, sinks, etc. The smell says "I got the job done!"
  • Foaming Window/Mirror Cleaner - This isn't the exact brand I use but close. I HATE when my glass cleaner runs down the glass and doesn't stay put. This foaming cleaner stays put and gets the job done. I usually buy it in the auto parts section of Target or WalMart.

I said I don't like cleaning but I love organizing. Here are a few organizing hints:

  • Placing paper plates in between your skillets and saute pans so they aren't scratched when stacked under the counter.
  • I use clear plastic envelopes that either zip-lock close or tie close for camera, phone, printer, PC, etc. manuals. I label them and file them in my filing cabinet. All the important info stays in one place.
  • I love to use vinyl envelopes for travel. I learned this in corporate America and it is great. They are top-loading and clear. I place driving directions, boarding passes, trip itineraries, sight-seeing info, tickets and receipts all in one place! Fantastic!
  • This idea is not mine but it is great. I place these 3M small wire hooks inside my cabinet doors in the bathroom and hang my necklaces from them. Easy to get too and no tangled mess. Thanks Dina!
  • Container Store has these great felt-lined 18-compartment trays that I use for my earrings. They fit inside your drawers AND they are stackable! Score!

Hope some of these ideas and tips help!

2 comments:

KristenB said...

I just learned how to make non-toxic cleaners for the house. I'm obsessed. Baby wants a healthy house.

For the bathrooms - fill a spray bottle mostly with water, add one drop of dish soap and fill the rest with rubbing alcohol. The rubbing alcohol makes it dry faster.

For the kitchen - in a spray bottle mix 1/3 C white distilled vinegar and 2 C water.

Melani said...

I love those earring holders! Great tip!