He took Bren on his little golf cart and off they went to pick out her apple trees. Dad, Kate and I hung out and enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air. Mr. Adams and Bren came back with 3 wonderful trees and we got a picking schedule and we headed across the street to Medina Garden Nursery. This is a nursery specializing in only native Texas plants. Ernesto showed us all his plants and trees. If Mr. Adams know apples then Ernesto know plants. We left there with a lowquat tree and a couple of redbuds for the garden. By now we had worked up an appetite. We headed to Mr. Baxter's old restaurant (he sold it) The Apple Store. They have all things apple. Apple butter, apple jelly, apple candles, apple turnover, apple streusal, apple pie, apple cider, apple pot pourri, etc. In the back they have a little restaurant. We had yummy burgers and split an order of onion rings. Every plate comes with a little yummy apple slice. We got slices of pie to go and bought a t-shirt and other goodies and headed out.
We headed out Medina on hwy 16 south to Bandera, the cowboy capital of Texas! We drove through Bandera and then took hwy 173 through Camp Verde back up to Kerrville. Dad wanted us to see the Camp Verde General Store. The store was originally set up for the soldiers stationed there 1857 so they could have goods and services. Really neat history. You should go to their website and read about the "camel experiment". I love it! I know, I know! I am a history nerd! Shoot me!
We got back to the farm and unloaded the trees and loaded the mule and headed to Bright Star for dinner and a night ride with the family. We had grilled chicken and pork tenderloin. The chicken was tasty and very tender. I asked Rita what she marinated it in and she said she used Lea and Perrins Marinade for Chicken. I can't wait to try it at home! We went for a mule ride before dinner and then after dinner. So much fun. I could do that all the live long day. We relaxed by the fire pit looked at the waxing moon (thanks Kate) and just enjoyed each other.
We headed home and worked some more on the puzzle and then snuggled in. I woke up in the middle of the night to the rain coming down on the tin roof, lightning and thunder. It was quite a storm. I felt so safe in that big old house all warm in my bed. A great way to spend my last night before heading home. Sweet dreams!

No comments:
Post a Comment