Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break Road Trip 2010 - Day Four

Thank goodness my back to soooo much better today. What a relief! I was really starting to get nervous. We had a good morning hanging out and taking it easy. I made some Amish friendship bread from a starter a friend gave me.

This afternoon we drove over to Johnson City to see LBJ's ranch. It was so cool. I am such a nerd for history stuff. I get all excited and giddy. Kate just looks at me and laughs. It is a beautiful place. One of his stipulations was that the ranch remain a working ranch so there are still tons of longhorns on the land all descendants of LBJ's. Did you know that he was only 60 years old when he died? That is young.
When we got back to the farm Kate and I went out on the front porch with Samson to relax and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. My sweet daddy bought Kate her own hummingbird feeder!!! Low and behold guess who spotted the first hummingbird of the season? Me!!!!!

No comments: