Whoohoo! It is spring break! We loaded up the car and headed out. First stop was the Kate's ortho. She had her spacers put in. Sorry Kate! She was quite the trooper considering the pain involved.
We cut across the DFW metroplex and headed southeast to Hico. Our original plan was to head to Dublin to the Dr. Pepper Museum and store, but they are closed on Mondays. What?! So it was on to Hico. We visited the downtown area and went to a couple of really cute shops. We went to Bliss Living which has really cute clothes, perfumes and decorative items. We also loved The Western Otter. They had a wonderful collection of used cowboy boots and Mexican pottery. I got a one-of-a-kind postcard to send to the kids at school and a set of Mexican nesting bowls for 1/2 price!! Of course, we stopped at Wiseman House Chocolates for the Wild Woman truffles---also got some pecan and coconut ones too. After working up an appetite shopping we headed to the Koffee Kup for lunch. Kate and I each ordered a burger and onion rings. BIG mistake because as soon as we saw the size of them we knew one would have been more than enough. As soon as the food was delivered I asked for a to-go box! Even though we were full we ordered some of the famous pies they tout! I had the famous blueberry-banana and Kate had chocolate meringue. They were fabulous. We had to ask for another to-go box!
Here are some pics...
Hico had the best advertisements painted on the buildings. 



Here is the Billy the Kid Museum.
Wiseman House-mmmm good chocolate!
The Bliss Store= cute stuff.
The Koffee Cup. The blueberry-banana pie is pictured above and chocolate meringue below.
We had a great evening with Dad and Bren. We visited and had a wonderful time. Bren made spaghetti for dinner which was wonderful and not to hard for Kate to eat. Bless her heart! Her mouth is killing her! The perfect ending was the sound of the rain on the tin roof and leftover blueberry-banana pie! God is great. I don't deserve the life I have!

No comments:
Post a Comment