Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Love? Really?

Okay, here I go. I know by now EVERYONE has heard the song by Lady Antebellum called "Need You Now". I hate this song. Everytime I hear the song I think to myself, "this is not a love song this is a bootie call!" Check out the lyrics and my translation in Green:

Picture perfect memories, (perfection? really? already delusional!)
Scattered all around the floor.
Reaching for the phone cause, I can't fight it any more. (get a backbone)
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time. (obsessed)

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without (without what?!?!?!), I just need you now.

Another shot of whiskey (yep, alcohol will help it!), can't stop looking at the door.
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before.
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time.

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk, (trouble)
And I need you now. (now? really, now? when you're drunk?)
Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.

Yes I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all. (masochistic martyr)
It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
And I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now.
(but what about tomorrow when you are sober?)
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now.
I just need you now.
(just now? not later?)
Oh baby I need you now.
I rest my case!

1 comment:

KristenB said...

Agreed. I love the melody of the song, but I hate the lyrics. Tacky.