Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Weekend with the Boys

This weekend I had the opportunity to watch my best friend, Licia's two boys, Jake and Gage. You might recall this is the same family that Kate and I did the staycation with last summer. Licia's husband, Joey, called me a while back to reserve the weekend so he could take her on a romantic getaway for their anniversary. She had no idea until Kate and I arrived at their place yesterday afternoon. SURPRISE!

Kate, the boys and I have had a lot of fun. Last night we ordered pizza and watched the tube. Today we slept in until 10 A.M.! Wow, I never sleep that late. It was wonderful. We got dressed and went to Firewheel to get Kate some sandals. The boys were NOT excited about this excursion but they were troopers nonetheless.

After shopping, I dropped the kids at the house and went to get groceries. I wanted to try this new recipe from Southern Living. I prepared the marinade for the shrimp and put them in the fridge and we went out back for a swim.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Weekend with the Boys
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow made with Smilebox

1 comment: