Saturday, June 5, 2010

Quality Time with Cita

Cita and I spent the afternoon together. We went and had our hair done and then went to have some spicy shrimp cocktail at Los Lupes. Yummy. Here are a couple of excerpts from our conversations.

#1
The restaurant had televisions on and Kate Gosselin was being interviewed. Cita looks up at the T.V. and asks, "Who is that?"
I answer, "Kate Gosselin from Jon and Kate Plus Eight."
She says, "Oh, she is awful. No wonder he left her!"

#2
"Cita, did you hear about Gary Coleman?"
"Yes, he died because he was mean. Plain mean."
I don't know when to stop so I say, "Did you hear about Dana Plato's son committing suicide?"
"Yep, nothing good comes from child stardom!"
What?!

#3
We are driving home and Cita says, "Don't forget to stop at the ice house."
I pull in to the parking lot and ask, "What are you picking up?"
She says, "Cigarettes."
I say, "Why don't you buy them by the carton instead of the pack?"
She looks at me like I have lost my mind and says, "Because then that would mean I smoke!" and gets out and slams the door.
"Of course it would." I think to myself.

No comments: