That is how long it has been since my last post. I have been so busy with class and doctors! Only four more days of class! Yippee! I went and did another sleep study and I got a CPAP machine. It is heaven. It is a little weird because it requires me to breath in and out of my nose. Yes, I am a mouth breather! I got it last Tuesday and it is great. I used to wake up at least 1 or 2 times a night to use the restroom. At least! Well, I didn't know that frequent nighttime urination can be caused by my apnea. According to doctors, "When the airway is blocked or partially blocked as it is during an apnea or hyponea event, the body must exert mor effort to pull air into the lungs, causing a change in pressure and more blood to flow toward the heart. The heart interprets the increased blood flow as an alert that there is too much fluid in the system. It then sends a signal to the kidneys via a hormone, the essence of which is, "we have too much fluid in here, it is time to dump some overboard." The body's way to dump fluid overboard is to urnate." Wow! So now I can sleep through the night without waking up to breath or "dump some fluid overboard!" Watch out world here I come!


No comments:
Post a Comment