Sunday, July 4, 2010

Girls Getaway

Last weekend three of my BFFs and I got out of town for the weekend. We went to San Antonio and stayed on the Riverwalk. We had the best time. We laughed so hard we cried, we ate good food, saw beautiful scenery and enjoyed each other. We stayed at the La Mansion on the Riverwalk. This is a beautiful hotel. The same hotel Cita, Kate and I stayed at for Ben and CeCe's wedding.


We arrived on Thursday and headed to Casa Rio for dinner and then a good nights sleep. On Friday we headed to the Rivercenter Mall and ate in the food court. The food court had an IHOP! It rained on and off on Friday, but it helped lower the temperature. We spent $15 for a 24-hour unlimited pass on the River Taxi. It was money well spent. We spent at least an hour on Friday riding up and down the whole river (most of it just us and the driver). At one point it was raining pretty hard and our driver asked if we minded if he pulled under a bridge to wait out the rain. It was so nice just sitting and visiting with the girls.

Friday afternoon we ate at County Line BBQ. Great sliced brisket sandwich and black-eyed peas. They also have the best fresh baked bread. I ended up forgoing the cobber for the bread with honey butter! After dinner we got together with some other friends in town for a little fellowship. Then on to Mi Tierra for a late night snack! Mi Tierra is open 24-hours a day. Just imagine 24-hour a day Mexican food! We also picked up some wonderful Mexican pastries in ther bakery for breakfast on Saturday morning. We also bought some amazing leche quemada!

We slept in late on Saturday morning. We all kind of did our own thing on Saturday. Saturday night Licia and I headed to The Cove for dinner. Their motto is "eat well, live well." Their food is S.O.L. Sustainable, organic and local. And it is also wonderful. I had the Tilapia fish tacos and Licia had the hamburger. Good stuff. We were also serenaded by Mitch Jacobs. Great times!

On Sunday we lazed around and packed up. We stopped at Jim's for a breakfast/lunch on our way out of town. I had the Frontier burger (of course)!

It was a great trip and I loved showing the girls my hometown!!! Here is a slideshow of our trip.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Girl's Weekend S.A.
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a digital slideshow

No comments: