I love these wonderful, brightly painted churches!After our awesome lunch we headed drove over the Koehler House to see if we could take Kate on a tour. The house was built and owned by the Koehler family who owned a brewery. This house is special to me because when I was little I would spend part of the summer with my grandmother, Teetsie. She worked for the San Antonio Art League and she would have to work sometimes when I was there, so she would take me with her. Imagine this: I am probably 10 or 11 years old and Teetsie takes me to this castle (or it appeared so to me). The place was amazing! Besides being massive, the place has a bowling alley and a private night club on the top floor. It was soooooo cool. The night club on the top floor was my favorite. I was in awe because it was built back in the 40's when nudity was a huge no-no. There was this huge lighted painted picture of a show girl on one of the walls and every so often it would flash and she would be naked! Beware because it looked like this.
Ha! I know! Crazy right? Back then it was sooo taboo! Well, it was closed and no one answered the phone! So we headed over to the King William District. This area is beautiful. It is a historic district so it is safe from people coming in and buying up the property, bulldozing the old places and building McMansions. All renovations on the historical homes are made to RESTORE and PRESERVE. Can I get an AMEN?

Ha! I know! Crazy right? Back then it was sooo taboo! Well, it was closed and no one answered the phone! So we headed over to the King William District. This area is beautiful. It is a historic district so it is safe from people coming in and buying up the property, bulldozing the old places and building McMansions. All renovations on the historical homes are made to RESTORE and PRESERVE. Can I get an AMEN?
Off to the pool for some fun and relaxation! I wish I had pool! I would be in it all summer. I can just sit in the water forever and read or sleep! 
Even Molly wanted a little sun! She is not rolling, she is sleeping. She is so funny.
Kate taking a little nap in the hammock.
CeCe beating Ben at ping pong.
After relaxing by the pool we went to Mexican Manhattan on the river for dinner on the patio. Here are CeCe, Ben and Kate.
Me, Nancy Jo and James.

No comments:
Post a Comment