Friday, July 23, 2010

Staycation 2010 - Day One

We loved our staycation last year so much we decided to do it again this year! This year in addition to my BFF Licia, her husband Joe and their two kids Jake and Gage, we had Licia's 16 year old relative from Peru. Her name is Alice and she and Kate really hit it off. We started today at 4 PM with glass fusion at Quiggley's Clay House. We had a great time. The place is owned by husband and wife team, Kirby and Kristi. Kirby led our glass fusion class and is just a hoot. I can't wait to see how they all turned out. Here is my before pic. We had reservations at Zorba's for some greek food, so we left our projects and headed over to eat. The place is very sweet and the food is yummo! We started out with Hummus and pita bread and Saganaki (flamed cheese). For dinner we had the Zorba's Platter (lamb Gyro, Tzatzika and Pastitsio). Kate had the Tilapia and it was amazing! Best I've ever had.
Alice and Gage.
Jake and Kate.
Kate and Alice.
For dessert we headed down to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream! The ice cream shops have flavors you can't find in grocery stores. I found a little bit of heaven on Earth when I tasted Coconut Seven Layer Bar. It was just like the Eagle Brand Dream Bars I make! With our full bellies we headed back to Quiggley's to finish up our glass fusion!

1 comment:

KristenB said...

Coconut Seven Layer Bar? YES please!!!!! Now I REALLY want a coconut snow cone....or a white hawaiian. Yum.