Thursday, September 30, 2010

Too Long

Has it really been almost a month since my last post?! Wow. Life is moving WAY too fast for me. I am taking 3 classes this semester at UNT. I've run out of online class options which means I am trucking up to Denton 3 nights a week. Every drive is one less drive I don't have to make!

Kate is trucking along too. She is in band, theatre and cheer at school. She has switched Girl Scout troops and loves her new friends. Last night all the middle schools that feed into Newman Smith High School got to cheer at the homecoming games. The Trojans lost but it was so much fun to sit in the stands and watch Kate cheer. I am one proud momma.

A friend and I have decided to try a new restaurant every month or so. The first restaurant we tried was called the Meddlesome Moth. The decor was awesome. They have 3 huge stained glass windows that were originally in the Hardrock Cafe on McKinney. They specialize in beer, which is lost on me. The food was good. We had the Shrimp and Grits, Fried Zucchini Chips, Chicken on a Stick and Sweet Corn. All were tasty and fresh. They have beautiful patio that I would love to sit on when it cools off some more.

This morning we tried Smoke for breakfast. It has great decor and the food rocked. We ordered the Smoked Brisket Cornbread Hash and the Heavy Handed Blueberry & House Made Ricotta Cheese Pancakes. Yummy!

Next on our list is Neighborhood Services.

1 comment:

KristenB said...

Look at that cute Kate!