I really needed this 3-day weekend. I got home from work on Friday just beat! I went to bed (and I mean SLEEP) at 8:15 pm. It was wonderful. Much needed sleep.
Saturday I got up and did some laundry and cleaning. Afterwards, Cita took Kate and I to the Marriott Legacy Center for a staycation. We had a late lunch at Samui Thai. I have to tell you it was a major let down. It started out nicely with the following appetizers: the Crispy Calamari, Thai Beef Jerky and Shumai Potstickers. The beef jerky was very good. The meat had great flavor and a wonderful creamy dipping sauce. The calamari was breaded with Panko bread crumbs. The were light, crispy and fresh. The dumplings were dumplings. Unfortunately the main dishes failed miserably. I ordered the Spicy Basil Chicken. I asked for very spicy and it didn't even come close. Kate didn't even think it was spicy. Cita and Kate had seafood and it was bland and boring.
After lunch we headed to Borders for some good reading material to relax the mind. With books and mags in hand we headed for the hotel. Our room was great. Cita has a bazillion miles with Marriott so we had a wonderful two room suite on the corner of the building with wonderful views. Get this!!! They had an orange couch!!!! Love, love!

I relaxed in the living room watching the UT vs. Rice game. While Kate and Cita watched Last Song. I am soooo done with Mylie Cyrus. The weather was wonderful, so for dinner Kate and I walked over to Fireside Pies for a pizza. They never let me down. They have the best pizzas.
We ordered room service for breakfast Sunday morning and checked out. Kate had a friend come over and spend the night. I was able to get some cleaning and organizing done! It felt wonderful.
Monday was menu planning and grocery shopping. Good weekend!
I relaxed in the living room watching the UT vs. Rice game. While Kate and Cita watched Last Song. I am soooo done with Mylie Cyrus. The weather was wonderful, so for dinner Kate and I walked over to Fireside Pies for a pizza. They never let me down. They have the best pizzas.
We ordered room service for breakfast Sunday morning and checked out. Kate had a friend come over and spend the night. I was able to get some cleaning and organizing done! It felt wonderful.
Monday was menu planning and grocery shopping. Good weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment