Wednesday, October 27, 2010

An October Getaway - Days One and Two

My cousin and Kate's godmother, Casey was in San Antonio to see her mom and dad last weekend. She and her sweet hubby live in Nashville, so Kate and I took advantage of her being so close and went to San Antonio for the weekend. We took 1/2 day off on Friday. We made great time and got to S.A. by 4:30 pm!!!! Friday night James grilled shish-ka-bobs. They were so good. He marinated them in Teriyaki and pineapple-orange juice. He made rice pilaf and haricot vert (which is fancy smancy for green beans!). Ben and CeCe came over and we lit candles and ate in the backyard. It was so relaxing.

On Saturday the whole gang drove up to New Braunfels to relax by the river. We found a great place called River Road Camp. We set up a big ole spread of food. We had shrimp salad (from Costco--the BEST), sandwich fixins, fruit and chips. Good stuff.

The spread! James is slicing up the croissants!We sat and looked at the river.
We played cards.
We waded in the water.
We sat in the water.

After relaxing in the river we headed back to S.A. for a get together with the extended family and friends. James made Giada's chicken tetrazzini. It was fabulous. A keeper for sure!

I love my family! I miss San Antonio!

1 comment:

KristenB said...

I'm so glad y'all got to go see Casey! Fun times!!