This post is about books! I love books! First off, I shared in an earlier post that we bought Kate a copy of Lauren Conrad's new book Style. Kate immediately devoured the whole thing on the way home from our trip to San Antonio. Well, as luck would have it. LC, as we call her, was making an appearence at our local Borders to sign her book. Kate and 2 of her BFFs went and had a blast. Here is the signed cover. She also signed the Teen Vogue cover on which she appeared. Thanks LC!
Okay, now, more about books. I have just discovered a book called Thirty Days Has September. OMG! It is wonderful. Do you hear me singing in a high-pitched voice? Wonderful!!!! The subtitle of the book is "cool ways to remember stuff"! Can you say mnemonic devices? Okay, don't laugh. I have admitted before, I am a geek. I love all things geeky-history, computers, grammar, stupid trivia (how many times does Rhode Island fit into Texas?) AND mnemonic devices! This book is full of them. Get it now! 
And this is wonderful too!
And lastly this one. Don't you love this idea? I am going to try it!
Now, about decorating with books AND a mnemonic! ROY G. BIV. Anybody remember it? It is the colors of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Look at these pics of bookcases with the books placed in color groups. Crazy, pretty. I am going to do it!
This decorator not only sorted by color but by design! A rainbow snake from Austrailian mythology.
And this is wonderful too!

2 comments:
I LOVE BOOKS!!!!! Can I come help you rainbow-i-fy your shelves?!?! I would seriously LOVE it!!! Especially since Joel would never let me do it here. They have to be arranged by category. Seriously....call me. Lol
You are so funny! I already did it!!!!! I am posting a pic later. You can just come over. Or I can come out there!!!!
Post a Comment