Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Road Trip 2010 - Day Five

Well, it is that time again. Time to pack our bags and hit the road. But not before a speed bump! I wanted to wash the sheets and towels we used at Bobby and Jackie's before we left. So last night I decided to get a ahead of the game and wash a load of our clothes so I wouldn't have to do them when we got home. When I went to go put them in the dryer the washer was still full of water! I couldn't get it to drain! I called N.J. and James when we woke up and they came over. James was able to get the washer to drain. Whew. I put our wet clothes in a garbage bag, grabbed the dirty sheets and towels and we headed to N.J.'s to do the laundry there. Nancy Jo offered to do the sheets so we could get on the road. I was thankful!
We made it home about 3:30 PM. We spent the rest of the evening rewashing clothes and repacking. I also made Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes. These are so stinkin' good! I make them every year to take to our friend's, Kay and Don, for Thanksgiving. I also make homemade cranberry sauce. Yes, using fresh cranberries! Once you have homemade you will never eat them out of a can again!

Tomorrow turkey, dressing and all the fixin's. Then to Salado for shopping!

No comments: