Shopping!!! We got up and hit the shops right when they opened at 10 AM! We started at
Magnolia's of Salado. Kate was the big winner. She came away with a great cowl neck sweater and scarf, cute dress and new shoes! I bought a really cute glittered, metal Christmas garland at
Side by Side. It says Fa La La La! So cute! I will take pics when I get it up. We had lunch at
Browning's. Yummy chicken salad sandwich, chicken and rice soup and cranberry-apple pie for dessert! Perfection! After lunch it was off to Bird in the Hand. This store has wonderful jewelry, clothing, soaps, and artwork. Last year we bought a painting by
Leslie Lockhart. It was of a sweet cow! Here is a
similar piece. I came really close to buying another. Wonderful art!
We dropped off Cita back at the hotel and hit the rest of town! Went to Strawberry Patch and bought some yummy New Canaan Farms Christmas Cranberry Jelly and Dumas Walker's Mexican Strawberries (AKA jalapenos). The jelly is awesome over cream cheese or just on an english muffin. The Mexican Strawberries rock! I eat them just plain or make the Jalapeno Cheese Ball. Great for parties.
We shopped until we dropped. We had dinner reservations at Adelea's but we decided we would just get dessert because we were all still full from lunch. We ordered spice cake to go. It was awful! Dry as a board and tasteless. Glad we didn't eat dinner there! We all put on our jammies and watched the Wizard of Oz. Thos flying monkeys still freak me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment