Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Road Trip 2010 - Day Three

Our last day in Fredericksburg! It went by too fast! We woke up today and Bren made biscuits and gravy--FROM SCRATCH! My tummy was smiling. After breakfast we made gingerbread. Nothing says Christmas like the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. After our baking fun, Kate and I packed up and headed to San Antonio!

We made it to S.A. around 2 P.M. Kelly, Dave and the boys arrived shortly before we did. Nancy Jo informed us there was a new Charming Charlie at the Quarry. We HAD to go. I got a new pair of sunglasses, a candle and Kate got a pen (like she needs another one). After shopping we headed to Bobby and Jackie's. Bobby was my great uncle, Teetsie's youngest brother. He and his wife, Jackie hosted Christmas Eve and Easter at their house for many years. They are no longer with us and greatly missed. Their son and daughter-in-law offered to let Kate and I stay at the house. I was so excited. This house holds so many sweet memories for me! Not much has changed other than the kitchen is redone. I loved being there.

James made fajitas for dinner and CeCe and Ben came over! We had the best time visiting and laughing. I am blessed with a family I am in love with! After dinner Kate and I headed to Bobby and Jackie's for the night.

No comments: