Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you had a wonderful day! I ordered the cutest Cake Ball Bouquet from Yes, Chef! Catering. It was adorable. Here is the only picture I took. It is missing 3 cake balls that Kate already scarfed down! For the most part it was a normal day. I went to work, went to class and came home. Then my day changed when I walked in the door and saw a gift bag from Kate with a handmade card that read:

"Dear Mom,

I know this isn't very much, but I couldn't go out and buy anything. So I'm going to give you these pictures. I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You are the best mom. Thank you for helping me with my homework, supporting me, listening to my pity parties and making me laugh, listening to me talk, and always being there for me. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you going back to school even though it's hard. I know sometimes you get really tired and don't want to go to class or do your homework, but just think how amazing it will be when you graduate and we can buy our own house and paint each room a different color! You are my role model for doing that. I love you with all my heart.

Love, Kate

P.S. I had a lot of fun watching movies and hanging out with you this weekend."

1 comment:

Dina said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading. That is such a sweet letter. I hope when Katie is a teenager that she will love me that much! You are such a good mom!

I can't wait to see you paint your new house all different colors too!