Waaa! Today is our last day in Fredericksburg. It is bittersweet. Sad to leave my dad and Bren but happy to see Nancy Jo, James, Ben and CeCe in San Antonio. My brother showed up with his new baby, PJ, right before we left. Another short but sweet visit. I did not take any pics this trip!!! So sad.
We drove through Kerrville on our way to San Antonio and had lunch with my uncle Peter. This is the same uncle we went to Italy with in 2008. He took us to lunch at a little Italian restaurant there in Kerrville. I was NOT excited about it. Seriously, come on, good Italian food in Kerrville, Texas? I think not! Boy was I wrong. It was SO good! It was called Valentino's. What a nice surprise. If you are ever that direction and need a little Italian--Valentino's is the place. They serve this warm, Italian rolls with a dipping sauce of butter, olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. It was all I could do not to drink the whole dish up. I had the Tortellina Alla Panna. Good and creamy.
With big smiles and full bellies, we set off for San Antonio! We got to Nancy Jo and James, unpacked and got caught up on each other. The Hooper's (my cousin, Casey's, in-laws) invited us all over for dinner. Gail and Bob are great people and great fun. It was a Mexican fiesta. with grilled and stuffed jalapenos, chicken enchiladas, rice and beans. For dessert we had buneolos and ice cream. We sat on the back patio and visited and laughed and had a grand old time. Gail is a great hostess and she can decorate a table. I am sick I didn't have my camera to take pictures! It was the perfect way to start the last half of our spring break.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment