Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break Road Trip 2011 - Day Three

Coffee in the country is good! I love the sounds of the country. I woke up to the wind blowing the chimes on the porch, the cows mooing and the birds chirping. No trains, cars or motorcycles. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the sound of a Harley, but I don't like to be woken up by one. Anyway, I had some coffee with Dad before he headed to the office and then rest of the house rallied and we headed to the Wellness Center for a workout. Okay, I know the key to long life is diet and exercise! I know, I know!!!! I got to see it in action this morning. There were a ton of elderly people working out harder than I was! I have been doing WW but I need to get moving!

After our work out we headed to H.E.B. for some groceries and to get the ingredients for Kate's favorite chocolate pie. It is her absolute favorite. And the kicker is it is a WW recipe! It is so good and yummy. Kate has decided she wants them served at her wedding. Crazy girl, she doesn't know yet that she will never be leaving home! Anywho, we got the goods and headed back to the farm. We baked and hung out until Dad got home. Then we rallied for a game of horseshoes. I am not good...at all. This is not good for my competitive streak. Especially when every time I pitch a horseshoe my father yells, "Great throw! No POINTS!" ARGH! Aunt Ann, the nurse, came out for dinner. Dad grilled burgers, Brenda made turnip french fries, and Ann made pinto beans. It was yummy! We ate and then we talked about all of our old family road trips. It was so funny remembering all the trips and how we all almost killed each other. It is good to laugh about it!!!

No comments: