Saturday, December 27, 2008

Italy - Day Seven

Rome-bound! We got to the train station and boarded. We rode first class--though it was no big deal. The views of the Italian countryside were beautiful and it was very relaxing. Arrived in Rome and headed to Hotel Madrid to check in. The hotel is nice but the room is a bit small for 2 people. Check out reviews on TripAdvisor. The Hotel Madrid is a short walk from the Spanish Steps.For lunch we ate at Nino. The place was packed with locals. The food was very good. I had the penne with spicy tomato sauce and chocolate profitrioles. Yummy.

The best part of this day was heading back to the room for a nap. I opened the balcony door to let the cool are and city sounds draft in, then I crawled into my little twin bed and read New Moon and took a nap all warm and toasty under the covers. Sweet.

After snuggling in, we took a walk over to Trevi Fountain. It was spectacular. So much water and marble. Massive. The crowd was buzzing with excitement. I snapped these pics.


For dinner we went to McDonalds--yep you read it right. McDonalds! It was exactly the same as in the states. We strolled throught the streets and tracked down the internet cafe. It was nice to check emails and see what was going on back home.

No comments: