Sunday, June 14, 2009

Is NOTHING Sacred?!

I know this is not a new problem. I remember doing it to my mother and I am sure she did it to her mother. I just thought it would be different with me. Reality--it is not different with me.

What is it about kids and using your stuff without asking? Is it just girls? Do boys do it? It drives me crazy. Don't get me wrong. I am not selfish. Anything (well, almost anything) I have is Kate's. I just want to be asked. And please when you are done. PUT IT BACK!

Case in point:
I am in the shower following my OCD routine. Lather hair with shampoo, rinse shampoo out, put in conditioner, wash body, rinse body, shave, wash face, rinse face, and rinse conditioner out. Well, it is all going along smoothly until I reach for my face cleanser. What! Where could it possibly be? No! Oh no she DIDN'T. Oh she did. Now my routine is out of whack. The day is shot. It is hard to recover from this.

Another case in point:
I walk into her room the other day and she a bunch of addressed envelopes in the floor. I also notice that the envelopes are MINE. They WERE in MY stationary drawer. "Kate, where did you get those envelopes?"
She replies, "Out of your drawer."
My blood pressure is rising, "Why?"
Very proudly, "They are the invitations to my birthday party."
Knowing the answer to the next question, I ask anyway, "Did you use the matching notecards too?"
"Matching notecards? All I saw were the envelopes."
My chest is red. I must leave now. "Okay." That is all I can say because I am about to blow.

It does no good to tell her to ask next time. Time has proven that. What is the solution? I don't know. All I know is now I am stuck with notecards and no envelopes. Not a good problem for someone OCD like me. The pieces must all be there or the puzzle gets thrown out.

If I was an indian princess my name would be She Who Loses Sleep Over Missing Socks

No comments: