Friday, June 19, 2009

San Antonio - Day Two: The Groom's Dinner

After the Hat Brunch, Kate and I went to the Fiesta Store. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! It was Fiesta heaven. I bought a wreath for the front door, paper flowers, tin ornaments, worry dolls, papel picado and luminarias. Wonderful. I can't wait to go back.
Then we headed back to the room to get ready for the Groom's Dinner. It was at Club Giraud; right on the Riverwalk and beautiful. We sat and mingled outside while being served bacon-wrapped tamales, Gruyere tarts and fried oysters. And, yes, you read it right--bacon-wrapped tamales. Yummy!

We moved inside to dine. The food and company was great. We watched Cece and Ben's "you, me and us" video. It was so sweet. But not as sweet as the toasts given afterwards.

But we weren't done yet! I wanted Kate to see the Mercado at night so we went to Mi Tierra. We were not hungry but got a table and split a small order of nachos and some lemonade. Then we took a number at the bakery and got danishes and leche quemada. Did I mention that Me Tierra is open 24/7?! Yep, you can get an order of enchiladas at 7 am. The perfect end to the evening.

No comments: