Monday, November 23, 2009

South Texas Thanksgiving Road Trip Day One

We woke up the AM and met Nancy Jo, James and Casey in the Starbucks parking lot and headed south on I-35!! Whoohoo!


Kate did her unsual snugglin' in the backseat while I listened to the radio and drove. I enjoy just getting in the car and driving. It is like therapy. I must get it from my dad. He loves it too. Kate is a great passenger. She can go for long, long distances without stopping. Good kid she is.


We caravanned as far as Georgetown and Kate and I exited and took 29 west. I decided to take a new route I hadn't tried before. Boy, was it worth it! We took FM 1869 to FM 1174 to FM 1431 which dumped us into Marble Falls on HWY 281. It was really pretty. We were WAY up high and WAY down low. The trees were every shade of fall. I was going to pull over and take a picture but there was no shoulder on the road. If you ever have the time try it! You won't regret it. This is the best I could do.


No comments: