Yesterday Cita took Kate and I to the Zodiac at Neiman's downtown. Let me set it up for you. We are all dressed up and looking good. We are sitting at the Zodiac in all its granduer (or pomp and circumstance). We are enjoying a wonderful lunch. I am noshing on my favorite- the orange souffle, chicken salad, fruit salad and petite muffin. It is so good. Then it happened.
Kate, "Mom, my friend Shannon has the coolest bedroom."
Me, "Really? What makes it so cool?"
She replies, "It is all decorated like Paris. She has pictures of the Eiffel Tower and other places in Paris all over her room."
I am about to reply when I hear Cita's engines revving up. I know how she feels about the French. Here she comes! Oh NOOOOO! I hear her turn the corner and bam! This is what she said, "Kate, you tell your friend that your Cita said the French are cheese-eating surrender monkeys from hell!"
REALLY!? Oh my goodness. I quick look around the restaurant for anyone French. Like I they would look different! Then I asked mom, "What are you talking about? Don't tell her that!"
She said, "Well, they are! Ask Jonah Goldberg!"
I just looked at Kate and she looked at me and we exchanged the look.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
THAT is a good one!
Post a Comment